مطلوب مساعد/ة ميداني للمأوى
Interested candidates please apply on the following link: Application Form – Shelter Field Assistant
Attention: The above link is the only official link for the application. Any other link does not represent INTERSOS.
Applications submitted through email will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that INTERSOS does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organization that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected.
INTERSOS identifies with the core values of CONCORD, the European Confederation of NGOs; it adheres to international codes of conduct for humanitarian organizations and the values and principles expressed within those codes. INTERSOS is recognized by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralized offices.
Job Title : Shelter Field Assistant
Reports to : WASH & Shelter Manager
Duty Station : Tyre, And Roving in South region
Position Type : Full Time
The Shelter Field Assistant is part of the INTERSOS Shelter Team, working on emergency Shelter activities, including but not limited to assessment, data collection, NFI distributions, and support to shelter activities in the framework of INTERSOS Emergency Program in the South funded by UNHCR. The Shelter Field Assistant works in close collaboration with team members of the Shelter, Wash and other departments, under the overall supervision of the Deputy Shelter Manager and technical management of the WaSH & Shelter Manager.
- Monitor and report on the project activities and ensure compliance with plans and INTERSOS standards
- Adequately communicate and share information about INTERSOS programmes
- Liaise with landlords and community leaders for the official support of the shelter programme
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- Carry out data collection as required for the Shelter programme
- Prepare and file relevant documents according to procedures
- Assist in all field assessments
- Conduct items distributions as needed
- Carry out field socio-economic survey; conduct field visits to potential households; collect required data to identify target beneficiaries.
- Carry out technical assessments of houses and utilities including WASH, in line with INTERSOS/UNHCR project criteria, in order to aid the assessment of the need (from the technical aspect) for a shelter/wash upgrading intervention such as rehabilitation works, construction works and/or any other future shelter/wash intervention.
- Produce accurate drawings, reports, and photographs as evidence of a technical assessment.
- Facilitation of technical implementation of Shelter activities
- Supervise the upgrading work and create a supervision plan in the assigned areas
- Keep accurate data of all the technical information and ensure that all beneficiary files are complete
- Report all protection related concerns – follow internal and external path for in and out referrals
- Liaise with landlords and local authorities to obtain their support
- Support the process of payments and signing of contracts as needed
- Share ideas with the line manager to fulfill the beneficiaries’ needs
- Arrange meetings with the beneficiaries when necessary
- Report daily to the Deputy Shelter Manager
- Conduct Cash for rent assement in Liason with the protection team
- Ensure protection mainstreaming through all the shelter activities
- Report any protection incident to the Deputy Shelter Manager and the HOB/ Project Manager
- Refer protection cases to INTERSOS protection team when applicable
- Perform other related duties as identified by the supervisor when requested
- Participate in the resolution of conflicts possibly occurring on the field
- Report troublesome cases to line manager.
- University or Technical Degree in Civil Engineering or related major.
مطلوب مساعد/ة ميداني للمأوى
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in community-based approaches to construction
- Proven technical knowledge and field experience in construction
- Experience in WASH, public awareness and hygiene promotion is a plus
- Familiarity with the minimum Shelter and Wash standards for ISs, SSB, LSB, CSs (eg., Sphere, WaSH Sector Standards in Lebanon)
- Report writing skills and computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, CAD, Power point
- Previous work experience in humanitarian NGOs is a plus
- A previous experience with INTERSOS is a plus
- Driving License issued since 2 years
Generic professional competencies:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills and ability to work independently
- Experience in conducting surveys, managing data and statistics is desirable
- Good level of planning and organizing
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Humanitarian motivation and commitment to INTERSOS values
- Respect of INTERSOS policies and procedures
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
مطلوب مساعد/ة ميداني للمأوى